Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bluebonnets in September?!

Are you tired of the basket weave cakes? Because I am. We have our practical midterm next Wednesday and have to do a basket weave cake with flowers so Thursday was our last day to practice. I did take this opportunity to work on the Bluebonnet. Actually, this cake might be my favorite to date. I love the colors, I love the flowers and I worked with buttercream icing instead of whipped icing. Usually I don't take my cakes home (with the exception of Kathryn's birthday cake) but I thought this cake was too cute to leave for the bake sale. Laura came over to bake cupcakes on Thursday evening (more on that in a future post) so I gave the cake to Laura and James. I hope it was yummy!




Bluebonnets


Chrysanthemums


1 comment:

the mack kids said...

Awesome MEgan, when can you bake something for us? We miss you...
Riley and the gang