Monday, September 22, 2008

Baking with Laura

A couple weeks ago, Laura asked me if I would help her make some burnt orange cupcakes for a work party and of course I acquiesced. It's always fun to bake and even more fun throw out concepts like gluten development and overmixing to those not familiar with the trade. This was also the first time Laura had ever made cupcakes from scratch so it was great to be able to teach someone else how fun baking is...although I don't foresee her whipping up anymore homemade treats in the near future.


Laura and her handiwork


Laura rocking the Cupcake Courier!

I heard they went over well at the office...even her boss (a big Sooner fan) couldn't resist the burnt orange! Good job, Laura!

1 comment:

laura @ so alaurable said...

Ask me allll about gluten development! Thanks for the "good job", seeing as how you did most of the work. I'll work on sifting confectioner's sugar the "right" way.