Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Birthday Weekend Extravaganza

This weekend was full of birthday fun! Two of my closest friends share a birthday on September 13. Poor Jacque had her big birthday plans destroyed by Hurricane Ike so Friday night we went to dinner at Cafe Madrid to celebrate. After some yummy tapas and sangria, we all shared some birthday flan & other desserts.


Birthday Flan

After dinner we headed to Jacque's favorite wine bar, Wine-tastic where Jacque was treated to more birthday dessert!

Jac's Chocolate Cake


Me and Jacque

It may not have been a luxury box at Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium to watch the Texas game, but we still had a good time...and ALOT of laughs!

Saturday was Kathryn's day. Hurricane Ike ruined our original plans, but we found a suitable replacement activity: bowling! It had been a while since I last bowled and I had a little trouble knocking over the pins...


My Stellar Bowling Skills


Roomies!

And because it was a birthday, there was plenty of dessert! Val brought Kathryn some delicious cupcakes from TART.


Yummy Cupcakes


The Birthday Girl

I, of course, decorated a cake in class for my roommate. Kathryn loves basket weave cakes so it was kind of serendipity that we learned the basket weave this week.


Happy Birthday, Kathryn

All in all it was a fun weekend. Although I think I don't need to see another dessert for a while...which will be a challenge considering I am studying to be a baker.



No comments: