Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Week of School

So I started classes this week. It's been a long time since I had a first day of school and I was pretty nervous. Some people (who shall remain nameless. But I live with her) thought I was being silly (maybe I was), but it still didn't stop the first day of school anxiety. After my first class I realized that I don't have anything to worry about and I am going to have soooooo much fun over the next year. So here is the rundown on what I am taking:
  • Fundamentals of Baking
  • Cake Decorating
  • Facilities, Layout and Design
  • Safety and Sanitation
  • Bakery Operations
And I am strongly encouraged by my professors to taste (which could be bad) and take home anything I have baked or decorated (which might be worse). Be ready for pictures because I start decorating cakes tomorrow! The actually baking doesn't commence for another week or so, but I will be making breads, rolls, cakes, pies, cookies, tarts...pretty much every delicious dessert you can think of. If you want anything, let me know and I will send you some goodies!

No comments: