Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Back!....

...And hopefully with more frequent updates. I have been back in school for over a month and it has been full of fun desserts, delicious breads, and lots of learning. Unfortunately, I do not have as much free time this semester as I did last semester. I seriously have about twenty blog entries that I want to do, but just can't seem to dedicate the time necessary to upload pictures, type out recipes, etc. The saddest part of all: I haven't even been able to keep up with my favorite blogs.

Anyhow, onto the fun stuff. This semester I am taking two lab [baking] classes (as opposed to lecture classes): Advanced Pastry Shop and Breads & Rolls. Advanced Pastry is a great deal of fun. We've made some wonderful desserts: Creme Brulee, Chocolate Mousse, Bread Pudding & Ice Cream are just a few. The best part is the plate presentation. We make a lot of different fruit coulis, dessert sauces and cookies to create our plate presentations for our desserts. Here are some of the early desserts:


Creme Brulee


Bavarian Cream [back] & Chocolate Mousse [front]


The First Plate Presentation [Bavarian Cream]



Fruit Bavarian

Lemme just admit that I have a wicked sweet tooth. And I have a special place in my heart for chocolate. The day we did all of these desserts I made the rookie mistake of not eating before school. (Seriously, going to school hungry is by far the WORST thing a girl can do). Anyway, by the end of the day I had the worst stomach ache from all the sugar, but it was worth it because all of the above items were delish.

I am really going to try and catch up. I will be back soon with some words and pictures about bread.

1 comment:

sara said...

Hi - I hopped over from cjane's list and just wanted to tell you how very pretty all of your desserts are! I love baking & cake-making myself (but only make cakes when one of my kids has a birthday) and I love to see pretty pictures like these. Keep up the great work ~ and have a great day! (FYI if you are interested I posted pictures of all the cakes I've made during June 2008 on my regular blog ~ so much fun!)